Non-Surgical Treatments for Orthopedic Conditions
The goal of surgery alternatives is to harness the body’s natural ability to heal to reduce pain and improve mobility. For patients who are strong candidates for non-surgical options, these procedures are less invasive and recovery time may be faster when compared with most surgical treatments.
Initial improvements in pain and mobility are seen within a few weeks of treatment and continue to gradually improve as the healing process continues.
Regenerative treatment options at Muir Orthopaedic Specialists include:
- PRP Injections – Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections use platelets from the patient’s blood to treat injuries to muscle, tendon, and cartilage, and may aid healing of injured tissue as well as reduce inflammation and pain.
- Stem Cell Therapy – Stem cell therapy is a minimally invasive procedure utilizing a person’s own stem cells to reduce inflammation and pain. Stem cells also may have the potential to heal damaged tissue and initiate healthy cell growth.
- Tenex Procedure– The Tenex procedure is a minimally invasive proprietary method of treating chronic tendon pain by removing scar tissue caused by injury or overuse.
- Needle aponeurotomy (NA) – Corrects Dupuytren’s contracture of the fingers using a small needle and without stitches. Return to full use in a few days.
- Xiaflex injections – Enzymes injected into Dupuytren’s soften and breaks cords, usually with immediate correction. Faster recovery and no stitches compared with surgery.
If you’d like to learn more about regenerative medicine at Muir Orthopaedic Specialists, call (925) 302-2088 today. We provide services in Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Brentwood, Concord, and the Greater San Francisco Bay area.