Personalized Treatment Programs Focused on Regaining Mobility
Physical therapy is performed by our physical therapists (PTs), who are experts in body movement who work closely with individual patients to create personalized treatment plans. The goal of physical therapy is to maximize the individual’s quality of life after injury, manage a chronic condition, recover from orthopedic surgery, and prevent re-injury.
This form of therapy involves:
- Collaborative approach by PTs and orthopedists
- Hands-on patient care
- Prescribed exercises
- Patient education and emotional support
The Muir Ortho Physical Therapy Advantage
Our rehabilitation team utilizes the latest therapy techniques and technologies to optimize recovery. We take a team approach that emphasizes one-on-one communication between our therapists and our physicians, which often occurs daily. This results in:
- Better therapist understanding of the patient’s specific condition, such as important details about the injury, the corrective surgery and the condition of a patient’s tissue afterward
- Physical therapists know each surgeon’s particular methods, techniques and devices used, adapting rehabilitation accordingly
- Regular dialog on patient condition and progress enables the physical therapist to know when to be more aggressive and when to be more reserved in treatment
Creating a Personalized Treatment Plan
Working with our orthopedists and other providers, our physical therapists devise an individualized treatment plan for the patient to get back to normal activity, work, and independence. As the plan progresses, the PT can adjust it according to the person’s improvement or other issues that may come up.
Therapy can involve various combinations of activities, including the following:
- Hands-on therapy
- Strength conditioning
- Stretching exercises
- Mobility and flexibility exercises
- Exercises to increase range of motion
- Joint manipulation
- Endurance conditioning
- Jumping and rebounding exercises
The patient must be an active participant in his or her program for physical therapy to be successful. We customize therapy to each person’s challenges, needs, and goals. And we do everything we can to encourage people to work for their own improvement. This involves trusting the physical therapist, being motivated to do some physical work, and possibly changing daily habits.
Our Team & Facilities
Our staff of physical therapists, occupational therapists, certified hand therapists, certified athletic trainers, physical therapy assistants, and exercise physiologists provide the ultimate in rehabilitation. Our physical therapists and physical therapist assistants work in partnership with MDs to fine-tune post-operative treatments as well as communicate progress for non-surgical care. Using the latest technology, we offer competent, compassionate and personalized care.
The Rehabilitation Center utilizes the latest technology and techniques in physical therapy, including:
- Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill
- MedX exercise equipment
- BackStrong low back strengthening
- McKenzie Spine Evaluation and Treatment
- Heated Pool & Aqua-therapy
- Repex treatment
- EPIC Lift Capacity Evaluation
- Functional Movement Screens (FMS) for athletes and patients
- Functional Training programs for Return to Sports
Our hand therapy team uses the latest techniques to help patients achieve the most functional use of their hands and upper extremities by:
- Restoring range of motion
- Increasing strength and function
- Reducing pain
Our certified therapists are highly skilled with over 75 years of collective experience and are trained specifically in the evaluation and treatment of hand and upper extremity injuries.
Do you need physical therapy to help improve your quality of life? Make an appointment today.