Do More than Just Play – Excel with Sports Medicine
Muir Orthopaedic’s Sports Medicine department provides a holistic, tailored approach to athletic development, preseason conditioning and injury repair.
Our sports medicine doctors, athletic trainers, strength coaches and physical therapists focus on multiple facets:
- Strength Training –Muir Orthopaedic’s Olympic caliber weight lifting room provides superior facilities and hands-on training, including technique, team and group training.
- Reconditioning – Provides sports readiness after injury or surgery and bridges the gap between physical therapy and return to sport.
- Education – Classes such as ACL injury prevention and concussion management give athletes, coaches, parents and teams the knowledge to help prevent these injuries (and identify them when they occur).
Athletes can enroll in one-on-one, team and/or group training programs based on individual needs and goals.
All program sessions are held at Muir Orthopaedic’s state-of-the-art facility located at 2625 Shadelands Drive in Walnut Creek.
Sports injuries can happen as a result of accidents, overuse or even inadequate athletic gear or equipment. At MOS, we specialize in a wide range of orthopedic treatments to care for the whole athlete, beyond immediate injuries, including:
- Musculoskeletal and orthopedic injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Advanced concussion management and neuropsychiatric testing
- Pre-participation physical exams
- Exercise fitness testing and exercise prescription
- Diagnosis and management of acute and chronic musculoskeletal issues
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Exercise prescriptions for patients who are pregnant or have chronic medical conditions, such as diabetes or cardiac disease
- Sprains, strains and other soft tissue injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Physical therapy
- Addressing medical concerns related to sports participation, including eating disorders, exercise-induced asthma and skin conditions.
Meet our sports medicine specialists
Our physicians are fellowship trained in sports medicine and are often athletes themselves.
- Dr. Preston serves as a Titleist Performance Institute professional golf performance physician
- Dr. Michlitsch is board certified in both orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine
- Dr. Pecci is the founder and former director of the sports medicine fellowship at Boston Medical Center University and the former director of sports medicine at Boston University.