Physical Therapy can make a dramatic difference in a patient’s ability to return to normal activity after an injury or orthopedic surgery. The rehabilitation team at Muir Orthopaedic Specialists utilizes the latest physical therapy techniques and technologies to provide our patients with personalized care that optimizes recovery.
Most physical therapy facilities are not owned by the medical practice but by an independent physical therapy business. But Muir Orthopaedic Specialists owns its physical therapy facility, resulting in considerable benefit for the patient.
Physician and Therapist Collaboration
Muir Orthopaedic Specialists physical therapy program is based on a team approach that emphasizes one-on-one, communication between our therapists and our physicians, which often occurs daily. This results in:
- Better therapist understanding of the patient’s specific condition, such as important details about the injury, the corrective surgery and the condition of patient’s tissue afterward.
- Physical therapists know each surgeon’s particular methods, techniques and devices used, adapting rehabilitation accordingly.
- Regular dialog on patient condition and progress enables the physical therapist to know when to be more aggressive and when to be more reserved in treatment.
Physical therapists and physicians also communicate on rehabilitation progress of non-surgical patients. This collaborative approach allows our patients to progress into the recovery stages faster and more effectively.
Benefits of Our Physical Therapy Program
Muir Orthopaedic Specialists’ rehabilitation team consists of physical therapists, occupational therapists and a supporting staff of physical therapy assistants, exercise physiologists and certified athletic trainers. The team provides varying levels of treatment services at all three office locations, with our main rehabilitation center at the Walnut Creek location. Our new, expanded rehabilitation center will be opening at our new Redwood location in Walnut Creek in early 2015.
Our physical therapists employ an active, hands on treatment protocol and philosophy that focus on returning patients to full function and normal activity as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our approach promotes recovery by initially incorporating range of motion therapy that progresses into a combination of supervised, in-clinic and at-home exercise regimens.
Our physical therapy program features:
- 6,000-square-foot rehabilitation center on the first floor of the Walnut Creek office.
- Three certified hand specialists.
- Four occupational therapists specializing in getting patients back to their daily functions.
- Physical therapists specializing in sports medicine.
- The only indoor, warm water therapeutic pool in Contra Costa County.
- Custom braces designed to meet the patient’s needs.
- The latest technology and equipment with a variety of modalities to compliment the rehabilitation process.
Contact us to request an appointment with one of our rehabilitation specialists or to learn more about the physical therapy services and treatments provided at Muir Orthopaedic Specialists.