Thank you for choosing Muir Orthopaedic Specialists for your medical needs. To prepare for your first visit with us, we have provided a new patient checklist to get you ready for your visit.
If you are new to MOS, please complete the steps below.
If you have been seen at MOS before, please use the Patient Information Update Form.
New patient checklist
Schedule an appointment
For your convenience we offer two, easy options to request an appointment.
- Patient name, address, telephone number
- Insurance information (have your insurance card in front of you)
- Name of the referring physician
- Reason for visit
- Date of injury and how it occurred
- What imaging, if any, has taken place (X-rays, MRI, etc.).
Complete the New Patient Packet
By completing the next three steps you will allow us to attend to your medical needs more quickly than completing them on your arrival.
Orthopedic appointment (doctor visit)
- Submit the New Patient Registration Form online.
- Print the New Patient Packet and completely fill out all forms. Bring the completed forms to your appointment.
- Enroll in our Patient Portal. By taking a few more minutes to do this you will save time in the future being able to do the following online:
- Request prescription refills
- Request and view appointments
- Receive electronic statements
- Securely pay account balance
- Message your provider.
New patients: Complete your New Patient Packet and bring it with you to your appointment to receive a Muir Orthopaedic Specialists mug or bag!
Physical therapy & rehabilitation appointment
- Print the New Physical Therapy Packet, completely fill out all forms, and bring the forms to your visit.
- Print the following forms if applicable:
- Completed New Patient Packet
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Current insurance card(s)
- Co-pay or co-insurance as indicated by your insurance policy
- Referral or authorization from your physician, if applicable
- CD of most recent x-rays and diagnostic reports.
For more information on why the above are important to bring, please review New Patient Expectations.
We thank you in advance for having these forms prepared prior to your arrival at Muir Orthopaedic Specialists. We look forward to having you as our patient.
Your patient care and input are very important to us. If you have any questions, please call or contact us online.
For referring physiciansPhysicians wishing to refer a patient can:
- Submit an Online Patient Referral Form
- Send referral via NextGen Share
- Fax the patient’s information to 925-933-2912.