With the current shelter-in-place order for the Bay Area, we are updating our COVID information for patients. Here you will find our current policies and tips from your Orthopedic Doctor for your care during COVID. This information was updated in March 2021.
The goal of the current shelter in place is to limit exposure during non-essential activities. Our advice regarding your orthopedic care, is as follows:
- Orthopedic care is an essential healthcare service, therefore our facilities remain open for consultations, diagnostics, surgeries, pain management, post-op care and all our other regular services
- For all patients and all appointment types, if you are wondering whether your appointment is still scheduled, the answer is "YES", unless you personally have called us to cancel or we have called you
- We encourage all our patients to keep your appointment(s), in order to receive the care that you need
- The best way to reach us during COVID is to call us on 925-939-8585 which is our Patient Contact Center in Walnut Creek. Wait times may be extended and while you are on the phone you will have an option for a call back. We encourage you to leave your number and we will call you back if there is a long hold time expected
- If you need immediate orthopedic care, our URGENT CARE CENTER is open for orthopedic conditions and injuries only. From Monday to Friday from 10am-4pm you are welcome to walk-in to our Walnut Creek Orthopedic Urgent Care for immediate treatment of pain, muscle and ligament tears, broken bones and other injuries. The address of this clinic is 2405 Shadelands Drive, Walnut Creek.
If you have questions - such as - what's going to happen to those of us who had joint surgery not long ago? What if I am recently injured, have surgery scheduled or have an ongoing painful orthopedic condition? What counts as essential healthcare during a shelter in place? Read on to find answers to these questions from your trusted Doctors here at Muir Orthopedic Specialists.
YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT IF:
DO WE OFFER TELEMEDICINE?
Yes, we offer virtual appointments with your Orthopedic Doctor and Physical Therapist via Zoom for a variety of orthopedic problems. If you are unable or do not wish to attend your appointment in person, please reschedule to a Tele-Medicine appointment by calling 925 939-8585 or visit our Tele-Medicine page here
Please be aware that during COVID our phone lines are extremely busy. Please help us to take care of all our patients by allowing us to call you if there are any needed changes to your appointment.
For our COVID precautions, please visit our COVID procedures page here
Finally, please be assured that as experienced surgeons we are very familiar with creating a sterile world in the operating room. Though we cannot make our entire building completely sterile, we are using the combined expertise of our 32 Doctors and skilled staff to do everything we can to protect you when visiting us during COVID-19. So whether you are stopping in for an initial exam or coming in for orthopedic surgery, know that we are confident and committed to providing you, our patients, with exceptional experiences in the safest possible environment.
For more frequent updates follow us on Facebook by clicking here
STAY WELL FRIENDS!