We deeply mourn the passing of Dr Jerome Bernhoft, "Bernie" or "Doctor B" as we affectionately knew him. He was an original... one of the original founders and partners of Muir Orthopaedic Specialists and an original admirable gentleman physician whose personality and caring manner touched many.
We honor his life contribution and achievements:
- Born in North Dakota in April 1940, passed in August 2020 at the age of 80
- Started his medical practice in Grafton, North Dakota in 1975
- Established San Ramon Valley Orthopedic Group in 1990
- Founded Muir Orthopaedic Specialists in 2001
- Spent 27 wonderful years caring for patients in the East Bay, performing surgeries up until 2012
- Retired from medical practice in 2017
We deeply honor his medical expertise, and will remember him with fondness because of his love for golf and with endless energy because of his love to party!
May he rest peacefully in his passing and remain fondly in our hearts forever for all that he did for the care of our East Bay communities. His highly respected role in establishing our organization, Muir Orthopaedic Specialists, which has since provided so much to so many, both patients and employees, will never be forgotten.
" Dr Bernhoft always walked in with a smile. He treated every single person he met with compassion and care, whether it was staff or patients. He treated us all like family and we felt like he was our family too. He will truly be missed. "
" Dr Bernhoft was truly one of a kind! He will forever hold a special place in my heart."