- Make sure the ankle has a good 90-degree angle right there.
- Cover it with a stockinette.
- Keep your knee over your toes just like that.
- Start with some padding. Be as wrinkle free as possible.
- Make sure to pad all the bony prominences really nice. That is your basic padding job.
- A little bit of fiberglass that is going to feel a little bit warm.
- Wrap around the stand too.
- Mold it, shape it.
- Mold the front, flatten the back, watch the heel and the arch.
- Make sure the toes have wiggle room.
- Rub it until it dries.
That is a short leg cast.
Learn about what to expect getting a wrist cast and removing it