Michael F. Sacco, M.D.
Dr. Michael SaccoOrthopedic Surgeon
Specialties:Dr. Sacco specializes in upper extremity care & surgery (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand). Areas of specific clinical interest include arthroscopic treatment of rotator cuff tears, disorders of peripheral nerves and arthritic conditions of the wrist and hand.
Approach to Treatment
Dr. Sacco focuses his practice on the care of the upper extremity including the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. His emphasis is on the restoration of function using both operative and non-operative techniques.
About Dr. Sacco
Dr. Sacco grew up in Gilroy in the South Bay area. He completed his undergraduate education at Stanford University. He then moved to Chicago where he attended medical school at Loyla University. Dr. Sacco remained at Loyla for his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery.
He then completed a fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis, after which he received additional training in Germany and Switzerland.
Dr. Sacco lives in Walnut Creek with his wife and two children.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- California Medical Association
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association
Muir Orthopaedic Specialists
1800 Sutter Street
Concord, CA 94520
Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine
Residency, Loyola University Medical Center
Medical school, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
AWARDS & PRESENTATIONS
- Presented “The Effect of Sagittal Rotation on Anterior Cervical Plate Fixation at the Cervicothoractic Junction,” at The American Orthopaedic Association 31st Annual Resident’s Conference, February 20-22, 1998
- Alpha Omega Alpha honors award