About Muir Orthopaedic Specialists
Northern California Orthopedic Care
Muir Orthopaedic Specialists (MOS) is one of the most comprehensive orthopedic centers in the Bay Area. By integrating diagnostic, treatment, surgical and rehabilitation services, we have encompassed most aspects of treatment in one unique orthopedic plaza.
Our center represents the state-of-the-art in orthopedic medicine and is considered to be one of the leading facilities in the country for the delivery of orthopedic care.
At MOS our mission is to develop a comprehensive practice in which we provide quality orthopedic care in a professional manner. We strive to treat all our patients as we would our family members, with respect, empathy, and concern for their wellbeing.
Our physicians strive to provide efficacious treatments for patients and make it a priority to stay abreast with the latest techniques.
Our goal is to continue providing the highest quality of care utilizing the latest technology available.
The Muir Orthopaedic Specialists (MOS) Medical Group was formed in March 1, 2001, by the merger of the Muir Orthopaedic Group and the San Ramon Valley Orthopaedic Group.
MOS was joined by Diablo Orthopedic Specialists in 2004, and in 2016 by East Bay Sports Medicine, which expanded our practice to what it is today.
The result of this expansion, and our focus on patient care, is now witnessed in the Muir Orthopaedic Specialists Care Centers. The Sequoia building is located at 2405 Shadelands Drive in Walnut Creek and houses our medical group along with the Sequoia Surgical Pavilion, an outpatient surgery center for orthopedic and subspecialty patients, and Orthopaedic Express by MOS, our urgent care center. It also contains the MOS Imaging Center with MRI capabilities. We recently enhanced our presence by adding the Redwood building located at 2625 Shadelands Drive which includes our comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation center and physician offices.
MOS also has locations in San Ramon, Concord and Brentwood. Both the San Ramon and Brentwood locations offer physical therapy in addition to physician clinic services and digital x-ray.
A few of our affiliations:
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Association of Arthritic Hip and Knee Surgery
- Bay Area Knee Society
- Bay Area Spine Association
- California Orthopaedic Association
- California Medical Association
- California Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Leroy C. Abbott Society
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- San Ramon Chamber of Commerce
- Scoliosis Research Society
- U.S. Olympic Sports Medicine Society
- Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce
- Western Orthopaedic Association